If you’ve got kids spending time in Collie this school holidays, there is plenty to keep them busy.
The Collie Early Years Network has put together a calendar with a range of events suitable for children up to 12 years old, starting 3 January with Australian wildlife activities on at the Collie Public Library.
Have a go at making your own drink bottle jellyfish 16 January, or try your hand at printmaking on 20 January, both at the Collie Art Gallery.
Do the rounds of the wonderful parks in our vicinity with other children and families, with play time at the Apple Fun Park in Donnybrook on 17 January, a picnic at Central Park on 19 January, a play at Soldiers Park on 24 January, and a picnic in the Community Garden on 27 January, all run by the Child & Parent Centre and Collie Family Centre.
The Shire of Collie is organising a huge family day at Central Park to celebrate Australia Day on 26 January.
Top off your January activities with a puppet show at the Collie Library on 30 January.
The Collie PCYC has a full program of activities running right throughout the school holidays, suitable for children 10-18 years.
For more information, or to register your interest, please contact each of the organisations directly:
- Collie Art Gallery: 134 Throssell Street, Collie. Phone (08) 9737 2921. Email: firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Collie Child and Parent Centre: Wilson Park Primary School, Porter Street, Collie. Phone: (08) 9734 3364.
- Collie Early Years Network: email@example.com.
- Collie Family Centre: 5 Forrest Street, Collie. Phone (08) 9734 5343.
- Collie Library: Wittenoom Street, Collie. Phone: (08) 9734 9042.
- Collie PCYC: Forrest Street, Collie. Phone 9734 5767.