This is the only remaining bridge crossing from the very early days of Collie. Construction of the original bridge commenced on this site in 1900 and was replaced in 1967 with assistance from the Collie Co-operative Store (following it’s financial record year of 1966).
Floods have been a regular occurence – in 1915, 1926 and 1964, after which the river was dredged. The last major flood was in 1982.
Steere Street North