Follow the tree-lined path of WA peppermints along the Collie River to the dedication rose garden and memorial built to honour those fallen in war. The entrance gates were erected …
Put a Snag on the Barbie
Who doesn’t love to spend a lovely spring day outdoors and what better way to enjoy it then by having a Barbie in the Park or near the water.
With many locations to choose from, here’s our top choices to enjoy that lovely spring day.
- Soldiers Park – this stunning park features the memorial rose gardens. Set by the Collie River, it also has a large playground, the liberty swing and the skatepark is located close by. The Collie River Trail can also be accessed from here.
Soldier’s Memorial Park
- Lions Park – Another park set by the Collie River with a playground for the kids and access to the Collie River Walk.
Fred Scharf Lions Memorial Park
- Potters Gorge – Visit the Wellington National Park and enjoy an afternoon by the water. The Currawong pump track is also located nearby.
Currawong Pump Track
- Honeymoon Pool – if you’re looking for peace and tranquility this is just the spot for you.
- The Quarry Picnic Area – Enjoy a picnic near the dam wall.