The Shire of Collie is calling for suggestions for names for the newly constructed mountain bike trail set to be officially opened on 25 January.
The winner, chosen by the Shire’s Trails Planning Reference Group made up of Councillors, local clubs and trail experts, will receive vouchers donated by Crank’n Cycles.
There are some interesting stories behind some of the other trails in the region, including:
- Arklow Trail Network – In Arklow Forestry Block North of Collie
- Ray’s Trail – Built by a chap named ‘Ray’
- Dead Cat’s Trail – Trail builders found number of dead cats here
- Two-20/Marty’s Trail – Built along the 220m elevation by a chap named ‘Marty’
- Drop Dead Fred – Trail Builders found a suspicious bag of bones which turned out to be animal rather than human
The new trail’s opening will be held at Soldier’s Park on Thursday, 25 January, starting at 3pm with official presentations followed by the inaugural ride.
The new track was completed just in time to feature in a new promotional video being produced by Collie River Valley Marketing.
Contact the Shire of Collie on 9734 9000 for more information.